Monday, August 20, 2012

Tia (the snow leopard bear)


In all of this week's craziness (more about that in our next post!) around here I forgot to show you guys our latest bear 'Tia'. 

She is made from our Tissavel 'Snow Leopard' fur with some 'Arctic Wolf' faux fur for her cute little white face. I've found that patterned furs really need a flat-colour facial insert to make them look effective. It just gives the eye somewhere to focus - and being the face, that's exactly where you want people focusing! 


We actually dropped Tia off at her new mum's house yesterday. She has gone to live with one of our long-term collectors. This was the first time we'd met in person, and I was blown away to see so many of my bears from over the years displayed so beautifully around her house. 

It left me buzzing for the rest of the day!
:)


2 comments:

  1. Oh what a beauty! I love her leopard fur, her rosie cheeks - adorable ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beauty. You can focus on her face very easily. I love the eyes and blushed cheeks.
    hugs

    ReplyDelete