Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Emma's Bears - published!!!



My copy of the latest 'Australian Bear Creations' magazine arrived this afternoon. Thank you Mr Postie. (Or as Chelsea likes to call him 'Mona-bike MAN!')



I knew to expect my two bears, Eden and Quinn to be featured as a project, but I was totally unprepared for the amount of photos/pages/other articles I'd find my bears featuring in.






There is an awesome profile on my bear making history too, with a story about the death of my puppy Molly over 10 years ago that made me cry when I read it. And I wrote it. How sad is that! :P (the relevance to the bear-article is explained in the rest of the profile! I don't usually like to throw horrific tear-jerking stories in to mess with people! :P).


Fortunately I managed to get these photos of the magazine while it was still in one piece. Somewhere in the 2 mins after I'd put it and the camera down, turned my back and gotten distracted by something else - either Chelsea or Oliver (they're both as bad as each other at the moment) got hold of the magazine and did a bit of editing of their own.

I found it in numerous pieces under the table!

I've since stuck it back together with lots of thick sticky tape, but I think I'll be making a trip to the local newsagent this week to buy a nice new 'keepsake' copy!



Oh - and as part of the Quinn and Eden project - the magazine includes my pattern. So you can have a go at making your own!

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! That's wonderful news!!!

    Warmly,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow - super fast comment Cheryl! Thanks heaps. It is so exciting to see your work in print isn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the article and all of the wonderful photos of your delightful bears. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This is such great news. All those wonderful pictures, and a really nice one of you and your son. Congratulations, you work so hard, this is very well deserved recognition.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woohoo, congrats! Although I have a very sad little bear here wanting to know why she didn't get featured. Apparently my blog wasn't enough for her fame-seeking self ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow congratulations! What an art form!

    xo em

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW - thanks guys. I didn't realise how many lovely comments I had. Thank you all so much :)

    ReplyDelete